Top ten reasons to study in Melbourne
The most liveable city in the world
Genuine coffee culture
World class universities and courses
Adrenaline-filled sporting events
Extensive public transport system
Valuable help and resources
Temperamental weather conditions
Well planned locations
Hallmark of excellence
Universities in Melbourne
· Deakin University http://www.deakin.edu.au/study-at-deakin/international-students
· La Trobe University http://www.latrobe.edu.au/international
- The Greater Melbourne Region is home to nine universities and seven TAFEs.
- Key Facilities include the Australian Synchrotron, Parkville Research Precinct (Human Life Sciences) including the Walter and Eliza Institute of Medical Research, Bio21, and Peter McCallum Cancer Centre, Clayton Research Precinct (Manufacturing and Materials Sciences), Australian Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, AgriBio Centre.
- Key Fact: The capital of Victoria is ranked as the most liveable city in the world in 2011 and 2012.
- Multinational Companies: BHP Billiton, BAE Systems, Orica.
- Major Industries: Research, Medical and Healthcare, Advanced Manufacturing and Defence, Biotech.
- Major Attractions: F1 Grand Prix, Australian Open (Tennis), Melbourne Museum and the REB.
Melbourne is rated the world’s most liveable city and is known for its cosmopolitan, multicultural communities and excellent cultural, food, fashion and entertainment activities and destinations
Victoria boasts a concentration of education and research infrastructure that is unrivalled in the region. Ten world-leading universities have cutting-edge facilities, academic staff with international experience, and outstanding student services. It has 5 of Australia’s top 20 universities, one of the world’s top 30, and 2 universities in the world’s top 100.